Thursday, February 14, 2008

McCain, Obama take rivalry to new heights

WAUKESHA, Wis. - Their tempest began well before their bids for a presidential nomination.

When Senator John McCain claimed victory for a round of primaries on Tuesday, it was little surprise that he skipped over criticism of Senator Barack Obama’s policies. There will be plenty of time for that.

Instead, Mr. McCain zeroed in on another long-held annoyance, a perception that Mr. Obama wears a political halo.

“I don’t seek the presidency on the presumption that I am blessed with such personal greatness,” Mr. McCain said. “That history has anointed me to save my country in its hour of need.”

A contentious relationship between Mr. McCain, Republican of Arizona, and Mr. Obama, Democrat of Illinois, has been percolating on Capitol Hill for more than two years.

My opinion is that in any way, Obama is a loser at the end of this race..... because.......

No comments: