Monday, August 20, 2007

‘I don’t know why they killed him’


KULIM: The grieving widow of Padang Serai MCA Youth vice-chairman Chin Eng Wah who was shot dead on Friday still does not know why anyone would want to kill her husband.
"I don’t know why they killed him," said Low Mooi Keow, 40, at her Taman Damai house in Padang Serai here yesterday.

"Was it revenge or was it for some other reason?"

"I have never been involved in my husband’s business dealings."

Chin was killed just several hundred metres from their home.
He was shot dead at point-blank range when he stopped his silver-coloured Mercedes Benz at the Padang Serai-Lunas junction.

"It happened so suddenly. Two men on a motorcycle came alongside our car on the driver’s side.

"The pillion rider drew a gun and fired at my husband.

"I could not do anything.

"I got out and screamed for help."

Low’s brother and a relative rushed him to the Metro Hospital in Sungai Petani where doctors pronounced him dead on arrival.

Padang Serai MCA Youth division chairman Dr Chin Tung Luing said he was shocked over the killing of his deputy.

"I have lost a helpful friend and a party member," he added.

Several national and state MCA leaders are expected to pay their last respects today.

Chin’s funeral is expected to be held on Tuesday but family members have yet to decide on the burial ground.

Police meanwhile said they had yet to make an arrest.

Pray hard the cops will work endless to get the bad guys...

No comments: