Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Sixty-eight pupils stung by bees

Wednesday January 24, 2007

KLANG, MALAYSIA: Children screamed in the posh, quite side of Taman Sri Andalas in Klang as swarms of bees stung them while the pupils were on a familiarisation run for the upcoming Cross Country Sweet Run 2007 next week.

Sixty-eight pupils of SK Taman Sri Andalas at Jalan Sri Damak 57, were stung.

Four were warded while the others received outpatient treatment at the Tengku Ampuan Rahimah (TAR) Hospital.

All four, Siti Aminah Natahan, D. Thibanraaj, Muhammad Hasif Ishak and Nur Fatin Atherah have been warded for observation as each one had complained of nausea while Thibanraaj had fainted in the school 25 minutes after being stung.

Bubbly lad, D. Thibanraaj who was admitted at Ward 6B said the incident occurred at about 8.15am when his fellow school mates were running along Jalan Sri Siantan 47.

“As soon as I turned into the road from Jalan Sri Siantan 50, I could see black dots hovering over the other pupils in front of me.

“Within seconds as I ran forward, I felt a sharp needle-like pain on my head, only then I realised that bees had stung me and others who were screaming,” he said.

Thibanraaj who was stung three times added: “All of us waved our hands frantically in a bid to ward off the swarm of bees hovering and crashing onto our face.

"Others ran helter-skelter down the road away from the hive that was within some garden refuse in a vacant piece of land between two bungalows.”

visit me @ Jeffayn.com...

No comments: